Family is at the Heart of My Thankfulness
We have so much to be thankful for, as a family, this year! Here is my short list:
- Our daughter got married to a wonderful man who loves the Lord 1 year ago!
- We enjoyed good health all year!
- I had a great nanny job!
- We hosted a reception for our daughter in our state where we celebrated with friends and family.
- My husband had a good first year of retirement.
- I started a blog!
- We enjoyed multiple trips to Montana to see our daughter and son-in-law in their new home!
- We celebrated our 40th anniversary!
- My husband, son, daughter and son-in-law and I went on a trip of a lifetime to Italy!
- My father-in-law went home to be with the Lord and was a very strong Christian who had been waiting to go home, so we praise God for his home going, though we miss him!
Have you taken time to think of what you have to be thankful for? As a family, you can encourage thankfulness. Perhaps go around and ask each person to share one thing after your meal? We need to practice and be intentional about giving thanks in every thing! What a joy to thank God for all in our life (the good and bad:)
Start and end your day consistently & calmly with routines!
Want to Be Consistent in what’s most important? Get your CHECKLISTS FOR CONSISTENT ROUTINES to help you establish consistency in a Morning Routine and Evening Routine including Bible reading and prayer.
Our Family’s Thanksgiving
We will experience a unique gathering this year. Forty-six people, our entire extended family on my husband’s side, will be together. There will be way more food than any of us need to eat, and non-stop talking and activity. The great-grandfather of the family has just passed away, and his funeral will be held during the reunion, which had been planned months before he passed. The age of his 6 children ranges from 60-74, and there are 10 grandchildren aged 29-45. The 20 great-grandchildren range in age from 8 months to 17. I think we have every age represented! What a blessing to have a Christian heritage and family who love to be together!
Happy Thanksgiving whatever your circumstances!
Have a Great Day Making Your Home For God!
I help Christian moms get organized and have clarity
to consistently identify and prioritize God’s unique
goals for their life through my coaching and courses.
Find resources to help you in Your Home For God’s Store to get your time, home, and life organized, be encouraged, and support you in achieving the unique goals and purpose God created you for!
Subscribe to My Youtube channel for more Encouragement and Tips!